Welcome to the PolicyMe’s Referral Program. You’ll find all the legal terms and conditions further down the page, but let’s get started with the basics:
When you refer someone to PolicyMe and they initiate a life insurance application, you’ll receive $50 cash.
Your total reward will be capped at $250 – you’re eligible to receive a referral fee for up to 5 referrals.
The following terms and conditions govern your participation in the PolicyMe’s Referral Program, which we’ll call Program here for short. The Program is run by PolicyMe Corp.
The Participants referred to below are you (a Qualified User), and the person you’ve referred (a Referred User). To be eligible for a reward, you, as participants must agree to be bound by the rules described below.
Referred User: A Canadian Citizen who’s been referred to PolicyMe by a Qualified User and whose identity has been successfully verified by PolicyMe. You become a Referred User by using a Qualified User’s unique promo code and initiating a new life insurance Application (a Qualifying Application) through PolicyMe. If the identity of a Referred User cannot be verified, PolicyMe will be unable to initiate a Qualifying Application. There can only be one Referred User for each Qualifying Application initiated.
A Qualifying Application must be initiated before the Qualified User can receive their reward. Initiating a Qualifying Application does not obligate the Referred User to purchase insurance or even submit an application, and no purchase of insurance is necessary for the referring Qualified User to receive the reward.
Qualified User: A Canadian Citizen whose identity has been successfully verified by PolicyMe.
Eligible Referral: To comply with applicable laws, a referral invite cannot ask your friends or family to purchase insurance (e.g. avoid, “I got a life insurance policy, and you should, too”). You may, but are not required, to make truthful statements about the products and services of PolicyMe and the buying process. For example, that the process is “easy, fast, and affordable.”A life insurance application initiation qualifies as an Eligible Referral if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) You, the Qualified User, must claim the Reward within 3 months of the time at which the Eligible Referral first initiated their life insurance application; if you do not claim the Reward within this 3-month period, you will not receive a Reward for the Eligible Referral.
(2) An e-transfer will be provided by email to the Qualified User. You, the Qualified User, must claim your e-transfer from PolicyMe within three months of receiving notification from PolicyMe. After three months, the unclaimed e-transfer will expire.
(3) If you receive a reward, you (as a Qualified User) are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees resulting from it. By participating in the Program, you release PolicyMe and their agents from all liability, including, without limitation, with respect to the Reward. PolicyMe reserves that right to suspend you as Participant from the Program at any time and reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Program at any time.
(4) Please note that if you are a Qualified User, the name you used to create your PolicyMe profile may be appended to your unique promo code.
(5) PolicyMe reserves the right to revoke rewards if we believe, at our own sole discretion, the Qualified User or Referred User is engaging in any activity relating to the Program that is abusive, fraudulent, or otherwise undertaken to defeat these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to review and investigate all activities relating to the Program, and to modify the Program or any related offers, as deemed fair and appropriate, at our sole discretion absolutely. We reserve the right to bar any Qualified User from future participation in the Program or any other PolicyMe offer or program if we believe the Qualified User has engaged in any of the activities contemplated in this paragraph
(6) By taking part you agree:
PolicyMe reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.