Life Insurance Advisor
Want to make life insurance simpler and more affordable for Canadians? PolicyMe is a Toronto-based startup with a mission to make buying life insurance more transparent, customized and most importantly, convenient.
We are rapidly growing and looking for a Life Insurance Advisor to join our team! PolicyMe has completed its first round of funding and is entering the next phase of growth, expanding our reach across the marketplace. Join us and help build the future of PolicyMe!
About the role:
In a typical day, you’ll be asked to provide top-notch customer service and advice, while supporting our customers with their life insurance questions. You’ll spend your days dealing with the more advanced customer cases, complimenting our online advice platform with human guidance where needed. Patience, good communication skills, and empathy is a must. So is a Life Insurance Agent License in at least one Canadian province.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience as a licensed life insurance agent
- Helpful attitude – ready to go over and beyond to help our clients
- Patience, and an overall positive approach
- A sales mindset and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone
- Honest and trustworthy – no cutting corners, overlooking details or compromising the integrity of our life insurance applications or policies
- Empathy – especially when it comes to speaking about health conditions or private financial situations
- A willingness to understand and live PolicyMe’s core values when it comes to advice on what a customer needs and what products are best suited to meet those needs
What you will be doing:
- Become a life insurance product guru
- Support inbound life insurance customers into the application and underwriting process
- Address customer questions on their needs, specific life insurance products, or the process to getting insured
- Communicate professionally with customers across phone, email, chat and text
- Practice consultative sales techniques to ensure that we are pairing customers up with the most appropriate products for their unique needs
- Report on actionable feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process and technology
- Share in the development of our life insurance recommendations engine as we build out new products or partners
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
PolicyMe is an early stage startup with a mission to simplify the life insurance market in Canada. We offer Canadians a uniquely simple way to get a customized life insurance recommendation in 5 minutes. The life insurance industry protects over 28 million Canadians through a wide range of financial security products. Despite the scale, life insurance players have been slower to modernize than their counterparts in other areas of financial services. While the fintech space overall has rapidly evolved in the recent years, life insurance has remained a largely stagnant, underserved segment and PolicyMe is excited to bring new innovations to this industry.