As a junior developer, you will help build exciting features, services, and infrastructure tools needed to propel PolicyMe's growth. We are a small and ambitious team that uses cutting edge technology like React, Python and AWS to create a world-class experience for our users. You will join our team early in our product development cycle and make large, meaningful contributions to our application. We have plans to incorporate high availability architecture, micro services, progressive web apps, accessibility and you will help us achieve those goals!
This role is ideal for developers who feel confident in their technical ability and want to contribute to and learn from the highly-skilled team at PolicyMe.
PolicyMe has just completed its first round of funding and is entering the next phase of growth, expanding our reach across the marketplace and increasing the size of our team rapidly. Join us and help build the future of PolicyMe!
- Build a web application with a world-class user experience
- Engineer efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Build tools that will improve the productivity of our developers
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges
- Completed or currently participating in a bachelor's degree or college program in computer science or related field, co-op program a plus
- Experience with Python or another server-side scripting language
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 best practices and features (working knowledge of CSS preprocessors)
- Curiosity and ability to be autonomous to figure out what's important
- Flexibility and willingness to learn – ability to adapt quickly to new problems and fluid project circumstance
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, …)
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
PolicyMe is an early stage startup with a mission to simplify the life insurance market in Canada. We offer Canadians a uniquely simple way to get a customized life insurance recommendation in 5 minutes. The life insurance industry protects over 28 million Canadians through a wide range of financial security products. Despite the scale, life insurance players have been slower to modernize than their counterparts in other areas of financial services. While the fintech space overall has rapidly evolved in the recent years, life insurance has remained a largely stagnant, underserved segment and PolicyMe is excited to bring new innovations to this industry.