Customer Success & New Business Associate
Want to make life insurance simpler and more affordable for Canadians? PolicyMe is a Toronto-based startup with a mission to make buying life insurance more transparent, customized and most importantly, convenient.
We are rapidly growing and looking for a Customer Success and New Business Associate to join our team! PolicyMe has completed its first round of funding and is entering the next phase of growth, expanding our reach across the marketplace. Join us and help build the future of PolicyMe!
About the Role:
In a typical day, you’ll be asked to provide top-notch customer service while supporting our customers through the life insurance application process – from submission through underwriting to approval. You’ll spend your days advocating for customers and communicating with our insurance partners. Patience, good communication skills, and empathy is a must.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years work experience in insurance case management, service or sales (underwriting experience is a plus)
- Helpful attitude – ready to go over and beyond to help our clients
- Superb attention-to-detail
- Empathy, patience, and an overall positive approach
- Strong writing and communication skills (creative writing experience a plus)
- Tech savvy (experience working in CRM is a plus)
- Honest and trustworthy – no cutting corners, overlooking details or compromising the integrity of our life insurance applications or policies
What you will be doing:
- Support customers through the life insurance application process – from submission through underwriting to approval
- Review new life insurance applications prior to submission with insurance carriers
- Speedily and determinedly follow up on all outstanding case requirements
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews
- Work with insurance partners to track the status of existing applications (and gently request for speedy reviews to maintain our time-to-issue goals)
- Master our workflows to diligently track the status of applications through to approval
- Where required, answer client questions on the status of their application or next steps (by phone, text or email)
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
PolicyMe is an early stage startup with a mission to simplify the life insurance market in Canada. We offer Canadians a uniquely simple way to get a customized life insurance recommendation in 5 minutes. The life insurance industry protects over 28 million Canadians through a wide range of financial security products. Despite the scale, life insurance players have been slower to modernize than their counterparts in other areas of financial services. While the fintech space overall has rapidly evolved in the recent years, life insurance has remained a largely stagnant, underserved segment and PolicyMe is excited to bring new innovations to this industry.