Head of Strategy and Business Development
Want to make life insurance simpler and more affordable for Canadians? PolicyMe is a Toronto-based startup with a mission to make buying life insurance more transparent, customized and most importantly, convenient.
We are rapidly growing and looking for a Head of Strategy and Business Development to join our team! PolicyMe has completed its first round of funding and is entering the next phase of growth, expanding our reach across the marketplace. Join us and help build the future of PolicyMe!
About the role:
In a typical day, you will develop, champion, and launch new initiatives. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, a knack for solving problems and you use data to drive every decision you make. You voice your opinion and love contributing to regular brainstorming sessions on growth, customer experience and product development. A deep aptitude for numbers and top-notch organizational skills are a must.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of strategy or consulting experience (financial services experience is a plus)
- Fast learner, self-driven
- Problem Solver
- Analytical, with a knack for identifying trends and drawing insightful conclusions
- Available, dependable hard worker
- Ability to understand complex business and product strategies
- Passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines
What you will be doing:
- Take ownership of high priority projects/programs from end-to-end (business case, workplan, execution, impact reporting, scaling and iteration)
- Work cross-functionally across Product, Marketing, Engineering (and outside vendors) to ensure project scope, execution and timelines are being managed closely
- Support the Co-Founders in strategic planning and organizational planning
- Become an expert on life insurance, our target customer and our customer journey, in order to continually identify actionable recommendations to drive better customer experience and ultimately, higher conversions
- Stay on top of industry, competitor and consumer trends to explore new markets and business models
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- Where necessary, support the development of clear and concise presentations
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PolicyMe is an early stage startup with a mission to simplify the life insurance market in Canada. We offer Canadians a uniquely simple way to get a customized life insurance recommendation in 5 minutes. The life insurance industry protects over 28 million Canadians through a wide range of financial security products. Despite the scale, life insurance players have been slower to modernize than their counterparts in other areas of financial services. While the fintech space overall has rapidly evolved in the recent years, life insurance has remained a largely stagnant, underserved segment and PolicyMe is excited to bring new innovations to this industry.